Portugal – What is Golden Visa?
The “Golden Visa” program was created by the Portuguese authorities in October 2012 and is a fast way for foreign investors from countries outside the European Union to obtain a permanent residence permit valid in Portugal and also allows free travel in the majority European countries (Schengen Area).
Golden Visa is a very simple and flexible program, with simple and clear legal requirements with the aim of attracting foreign investment to Portugal. Under the “Golden Visa” program, non EU citizens only need to make one of the investments listed below in order to obtain a residence permit in Portugal.
What are the requirements for obtaining it?
Each type of qualifying investment with specific characteristics, as follows:
- Real estate acquisition
- Minimum investment of € 500,000 Acquisition of one or more properties All types of real estate
Possibility of co-ownership
- Own habitation or lease
- Fund transfer
- Minimum investment of € 1,000,000 Funds transferred from abroad to a bank in Portugal
- Total independence to invest the funds Possibility of using the funds to invest in shares of companies
- Job creation
- Creation of a minimum of 10 jobs
What are its benefits and advantages?
- It is not necessary to obtain a visa to enter Portugal
- It is not necessary to obtain a visa to travel in Europe (Schengen Area)
- Living and working in Portugal, even if resident in a different country
- Extremely low minimum stay periods Permanent residence
- Residence extended to relatives